Tuesday 17 April 2007

Draft 1 of My Webquest Is UP at Last

I thought building the WebQuest was an onerous task until I tried to load the #*!$#* thing. After a couple of hours of 'INTUTWITT'



I phoned the experts in the IT section of QUT only to find out that 'They Who Should Know' don't even try to load via Dreamweaver. The lovely young person... can't reveal gender due to political correctness... oops I suppose 'lovely' and 'young' are discriminatory terms too... well the IT guy put me on to File Zilla... and I loaded it all at several clicks of a black neutered mouse feeling oh so clever... Of course it didn't work did it. I kept typing in the URL from the How To Do It sheet I'd downloaded from the CLN618 site.




In my usual... 'this is the only time I have to do this and I will do it one way or the other' style I googled where can I load my webquest free? After an hour or so trialling a few sights I decided to throw cash to the wind and buy some webspace off BigPond... too bad they take 24 hours to set up my web space. Oh well I guess I can load my web pages there AND my WebQuest at a later date.




This post is actually taking me hours as I have been fiddling around with my WebQuest. There are a couple of changes that simply wont TAKE and it's driving me insane. I have literally deleted and reloaded the entire Webquest 4 times today... I think I'll live with the niggly errors for now and take a fresh look on Friday. I have actually been home dying of some obscure virus all day and of course didn't rest but worked on this wretched thing... now I shall be just as ill at work tomorrow... not happy Jan... and neither will my colleagues be when I drag my weary self in on the morrow.


Oh yes and by the way I finally found where it was on the QUT website. Just a couple more slashes and dashes and whaaaalaaaah I found it...

1 comment:

dlh_downunder said...

good to see you're still maintaining some sanity, Susan :-)

we'll talk more on this, this aftrnoon!
-Debra-