Friday 23 March 2007

Web Page Design Dilemma

Talk about a magic carpet ride! I have spent the past couple of hours reading up on building a better website. I found an excellent website called eFUSE which covers all the basics and more. Unfortunately they build their websites with a software program called Net Objects Fusion. It looks great but as I have a reasonably new version of Dreamweaver I am loathe to spend money on another web design package. That aside this website is well worth a visit as it has a very user-friendly interface and great ideas on how to build yourself a website that people will enjoy browsing through.

My dilemma is do I build a website that I want to use in the future or do I just do what most of the other students have done and build one as a learning exercise for this subject... To build a 'real' website will involve an ongoing financial commitment... which gives one pause... but more so the setup time will be huge followed smartly by a continued time commitment for the sites upkeep.

I shall have to give it some serious thought this weekend...

2 comments:

Moon said...

Whenever we do something, we can't ignore the MONEY..
I can read your mind to try to have links with students as much as you can.

dlh_downunder said...

Hi Susan - interesting to read your ponderings! :-) We obviously have a lot to talk about tomorrow in our workshop! It will also be great talking to Norm Vaughan LIVE
from University of Calgary when he tells us abut his students' webquests. See then!

-Debra-