Friday 4 May 2007

It's Okay To Pass Out Near Me Now .... Maybe

Well let's say it's a lot safer than it was before. This week 8 of our staff did a First Aid Cert course. For some it was a mere refresher. For others like myself who have not done anything even similar for over 20 years one could hardly call if a refresher; more like a resuscitation.



Amazingly I blitzed the final test... hmmm maybe that says more about the test level rather than my first aid knowledge. I really think multiple choice questions are not an accurate assessment of your knowledge but they are an easy out for those who must mark them. I took the opportunity of passing this observation on in the "Do you have any comments?" section.


Anyway, the good news is that I am up to date on CPR. They've changed it! It's now 30 firm presses to the chest and 2 breaths which you have to do 5 times in 2 minutes. Boy aren't you glad they made it more simple?




However did they save anyone before!?!

1 comment:

dlh_downunder said...

Susan - I love what you're doing with your blog - & you must show us how you got those pics down the sidebar too! Very topical :)

-Debra-