Sunday 20 May 2007

You know you're a Cyborg when...


... your computer doesn't boot up and you feel you've lost a vital organ!

Which is just what happened yesterday... My very you
ng... only 14 months since it was built... computer turned into a tin box yesterday when upon poking and prodding at the start AND reboot buttons no blue or red lights came on! What fun... finding a computer mechanic on a Saturday who would even look at it! Fortunately for me an old friend of a friend said... "Bring it over and I'll take a look at it." The fact that I live miles from anywhere gives "bring it over" a whole new look and feel! However, one frantic car ride later I was a much happier cy - bee...

Double fortunately he had a spare power box lying around his workshop that actually worked... (They usually have all these discarded bits from old computers that should have been thrown out years ago.) Triple fortunately it fitted my computer and in two shakes of a mini screwdriver the lights came back on in my not so little 'black box' (I knew it was ominous that my new computer's shell was black - just asking for a major crash for sure!)

Being of a curious bent my computer saviour and I pulled the old power box apart and sure enough it had blown a capacitor! So here's hoping the new one can take the workload I impose upon it.

The sad news is I lost a vital day so my schedule is

5 comments:

Moon said...

how are you?
How is your assignment going?
Always Thanks for your encouragement. These days I am doing other units' assignment.. I hope I get eveything finished on time..

Bye..

just_susan said...

Moon I have done the webpage but I haven't even begun to write the paper that goes with it. How about you?

Regards
Susan H

Moon said...

I started to read some book but, I haven't written yet. I need to hurry up..
have a good weekend.

Moon said...

Finally,, I've upload my webpage on the web.. It did not take long, thanks to you.
You can have a look.
(but i have to put references after my paper assignment.)


http://students.ed.qut.edu.au/n5657709/CLN618/Moon/index.html

just_susan said...

Moon I've uploaded the link to your second assignment on our Main Page and our Projects Page. I haven't had a chance to have a good look at your work yet but what I have seen so far looks good. Do hope you're doing better than me at writing your final reflection... I haven't really got anything set in cement yet.

Regards
Susan H